Note: Bel is the trading name for Coach X Online LTD
Bel collects personal data and other information for a number of Users:
- Online Coaches
- Heroes (prospective clients)
- Website Visitors
- Testimonial Providers
Personal data will not be sold, rented or leased to 3rd parties. Coach X Online is the sole data controller, where the online coaches occupy a data processor position. Online coaches must adhere to the Bel terms and conditions for using the service, which includes limitations on the use of hero’s personal data.
1.1 Online Coaches
1.1.1 Information that is gathered from coaches
Bel collects several pieces of information as part of it’s sign up process. These are stored on a cloud based server and the purpose of their use is detailed below (1.1.2). Information collected:
- Personal Data: email address, forename, surname, gender, DOB, town of residence, country of residence, instagram handle.
- Profile Information (including personal data): bio, profile picture, length of experience as a PT and online coach, the type(s) of coaching offered.
- Coaching Services: what’s included in different forms of coaching, what support a coach offers, frequency of support, price of each service.
- Qualifications: level 3 personal trainer qualifications, name and certificate of any further qualifications.
- Testimonials: written client testimonials, progress photos, client forename, client email address, confirmation of client consent for their data to be shared with Bel.
- Coaching Experience: Most common age bracket, gender and fitness goal of previous clients.
- Coaching Preferences: If the coach has a preference of who they coach; same as above (f) but in the context of coaching preferences.
1.1.2 How the information is used
The information is used to provide our core service of connecting coaches with potential clients (Heroes). This is of legitimate business interest to Bel and the risks of using coaches’ information for this purpose has been balanced against their privacy rights, freedoms and benefits of using our service. Testimonials collected from coaches may include personal data relating to the coach’s previous clients, in this case Bel will only process the personal data with the consent of that client. Specifics of how each type of information is used:
- To create a Bel account for the online coach. Age is also used in the algorithm to connect a coach with a potential client.
- To create a Bel profile for the online coach.
- Same as above (b).
- To verify that the coach is qualified to provide online coaching.
- Written testimonials, progress photos and the name of the client these relate to are gathered for the coach’s profile. All other information gathered is to enable Bel to verify the testimonial and will be deleted following completion of the verification process.
- To enable our algorithm to match coaches with potential clients.
- Same as above (f).
Heroes is the name we give to prospective users of online coaching services that have signed up to Bel to be connected to online coaches that meet their requirements.
1.2.1 Information that is gathered from Heroes
Bel collects several pieces of information as part of it’s sign up process. These are stored on a cloud based server and the purpose of their use is detailed below (1.2.2). Information collected:
- Personal Data: email address, forename, surname, gender, DOB, country of residence, profile picture.
- Fitness Information: fitness experience, consistency of training, fitness ambition.
- Coaching preferences: preferred gender of coach, fitness goal.
1.2.2 How the information is used
The information is used to provide our core service of connecting coaches with potential clients (heroes). This is of legitimate business interest to Bel and the risks of using heroes’ information for this purpose has been balanced against their privacy rights, freedoms and benefits of using our service. Following their account set-up, Bel will use the information collected to support the algorithm that identifies prospective coaches. Heroes will then request prospective coaches to contact them regarding their online coaching services, demonstrating consent and ensuring that no connection is solely based on automated processing. Only after this will Bel share the heroes’ preferred contact details with the online coach. Specifics of how each piece of data is used is listed below:
- Personal Data:
- Used to create an account: Forename, surname, profile picture, email address and country of residence.
- Used in the algorithm which connects a hero with coaches: gender, DOB, country of residence (to determine feasible time zones of a prospective coach).
- To provide to a prospective coach the hero wants to hear from: email address.
- To give coaches heroes wish to be contacted by context of their fitness journey.
- Used in the algorithm which connects a hero with coaches.
1.3 Website Visitors
1.3.1 Information that is gathered from website visitors
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit.
Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website. Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser.
1.3.2 How the information is used
The information is used to enhance the visitor's experience when using our website, future products or services and to display personalised content and possibly advertising. Cookies may be used to remember visitors preferences. Cookies may also track user pathways, interactions and returns to the website for analytics purposes to improve the user journey and interaction with Bel.
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from accessing certain features of the website.
1.4 Testimonial Providers
1.4.1 Information that is gathered from testimonial providers
Bel collects personal information from its coaches regarding individuals who they have coached. This information is used as a testimonial which speaks to the quality of a coach’s services. The information collected is as follows:
- Written Testimonial
- Testimonial Photos
- Email Address
1.4.2 How the information is used
The information is used to supplement our core service of connecting coaches with potential clients (heroes), by assuring the quality of our coaches. This is of legitimate business interest to Bel and the risks of using testimonial providers’ information for this purpose has been balanced against their privacy rights and freedoms. Following a coach’s account set-up, Bel will use this information to supplement the coach’s profile. Specifics of how each piece of data is used is listed below:
- To supplement the coaches’ profiles, allowing them to build trust with heroes (this applies to personal data pieces a-c).
- To verify that the accuracy of the information provided by the coach (this applies to data piece d).
2. Personal Data Retention
User’s personal data will be stored as long as the user maintains a Bel account. It will be kept for 2 years after the last contact between the User and Bel. This is so Bel can respond to any issues Users might face after being connected and working together. This 2 year period starts after Users close their account with Bel. If the User expresses their right to be forgotten the User’s data will be deleted within one month.
3. Marketing Preferences
Users signing up to Bel will receive emails relating to updates to our service. As a new business we are constantly growing and developing and we’re excited to take you on the journey with us. You can opt out of these service updates at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button in the footer of any email you receive from us or by contacting email@example.com.
There may be cases where Bel wants to contact you for other purposes, such as exclusive offers and other marketing material. We will always ask your consent for such activities which you can manage through contacting the above email.
4. Users’ Personal Data Subject Rights
Users have the following rights with regards to their personal data:
- the right to be informed, (if, in the future, the data collected from a user is processed for purposes other than that which it was originally collected, the user will be notified prior to the new processing taking place)
- the right to access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to withdraw their consent for any processing where consent is the basis for processing
- the right to object to processing, and
- the rights in relation to automatic decision making and profiling
If a User wishes to exercise any of these rights then please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will validate your identity to ensure we are not giving your information to a third-party and then we will respond within one month.